This 6 hour certificated training programme covers:
- awareness of safeguarding children;
- procedures for reporting concerns;
- code of behaviour for staff/volunteers;
- recruitment, selection and management of staff/volunteers;
- confidentiality issues and breach of code of behaviour;
- dealing with allegations against staff/volunteer.
This training is suitable for managers, supervisors and voluntary management committees of groups/organisations that provide activities for children and young people.
This course is not the Designated Officer Course